If you think the only way to get into shape is by going to the gym and following the same old boring workout routines, you are wrong. There are tons of ways you can add excitement to your workouts. Fitness adventure activities will not only provide you with thrill and boosts of adrenaline but will also help you stay fit and in shape. There are numerous adventure sports for you to try including dirt biking, kayaking and rock climbing.
However, make sure you have the right equipments before you start. This means if you want to go for mountain biking then make sure you have a good beginner mountain bike. A majority of the adventure sports and activities are good for you as long as you do not push your limits and abide by the safely rules. Here are the top 3 fitness adventure activities:
- Dirt BikingIf you are a fan of cycling, you are going to love this adventure sport. While you will not be getting the leg workout you would get from pedaling on regular bikes, but rest assured, it takes a good amount of upper body strength to steer a heavy motorized bike. So, you will be getting plenty of exercise while you bike around the course. Dirt bikes are extremely powerful and fast and have been designed for multiple purposes: from racing around out and beyond to touring from place to place.
- Dirt bikes feature knobby tires that aid you in cycling around muddy or rocky areas as well as inclining and declining trails. There are many kinds of dirt bikes. Among the most common is the motocross bike that is designed for off-road racing. If you are a fan of cycling but are tired of just pedaling around parks, dirt biking is your chance to get some adventure while biking.
- KayakingIf you are a fan of the rowing machine but are looking for a little more fun and adventure, kayaking is just the adventure sport for you. Kayaking not provides you a definite workout but it offers tranquility. Kayaking is a versatile water sport. There are many different kinds of Kayaks. Some are designed for water courses while others are designed for racing. If you are tired of crowds and just want to get away from your normal routine, all you have to do is rent a kayak at the beach and pick a quiet spot where you can just row away.
- Beginners usually start off with low intensity courses but as you start to get better at it, the advanced courses will allow you to feel a great rush of adrenaline you won’t find anywhere else. Not to mention that intense upper body workout will help you tone your muscles.
- Rock ClimbingIf you like going on inclined treadmills, rock climbing is the perfect adventure sport for you. Many gyms are now offering rock climbing so get your gear together as this sport offers some serious upper body training. The best part is you can enjoy this sport indoors as well as outdoors, which means you can climb real rocky inclined surfaces or artificial mountains. Rock climbing has become one of the most popular fitness adventure sports as it provides a great workout for the body while providing excitement and adrenaline rush.
- It might look a little dangerous but with the necessary safety precautions, it can be a lot of fun.Rock climbing is perfectly safe as long as you are abiding all the rules set by your instructor. The different types of rock climbing include mountaineering, indoor climbing, ice climbing and bouldering. You will have so much doing it that it is unlikely you will notice the effort you are investing in climbing, which makes it the perfect workout outside the gym!